Chicago, IL, 1953, Collection of Ted Culotta

The Frisco received five hundred flat cars, numbers 95300-95799, from General American in 1928 that were built to the USRA design. They used evenly spaced pressed steel stake pockets and ARA-design cast sideframe trucks. Note that the deck does not extend all the way to the end sills on these cars. Many of these cars were painted yellow starting in the early 1950's.

Back to Gallery - Flat Cars